Skip to main content

Feeling Fine

And by fine I don't mean the Italian Job version: Freaked Out, Insecure, Neurotic and Emotional. (I really enjoy that movie but can't get behind the world view and overall message of the movie but that's another discussion.)

No, I'm really doing good. It's a daily struggle but I'm holding on and hanging in there. Seasonal depression kicked in a little early this year, but we're heading it off at the pass. (I'll stop with the metaphors. Probably.) Then again, today was a good day. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I say "we" because God has taught me that I don't face anything in this life alone. Sometimes it's just me and Jesus. A lot of times, Jesus gives me friends, family, co-workers, etc. to be there with me. I praise God for all the people he's given me.

Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." 

Light therapy and light therapy have been helping. Big "L" light therapy is Jesus. Little "l" light therapy is the full spectrum lights I have at home and work. The "HappyLights" are produced by Verilux and I have seen a significant change.

And I couldn't be doing well without the people who love me and lift me up: in prayer, with encouraging words and lots of smiles and hugs.

Romans 12:10 " Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Always with the new beginnings

Wow. A lot can change in a couple months. My first year in Bible Study Fellowship is now over. It's weird. I'm sad to be losing my discussion group. They're a wonderful collage of women from whom I have learned much. They've made me laugh, they've touched my soul and shown me perspectives I could never truly imagine on my own. In another week and half, my ladies Bible study group on Wednesday, which I lovingly nickname my McDanell study, will be finishing up our current book called The Cycles of Victorious Living by Earl and Hazel Lee. It's a good book and I would recommend it. A little birdie called the church bulletin, informed me the Wednesday night group would study Hebrews next. I hope that is true--I'm ready for digging into a book of the Bible study. Lastly, my small group has started a new book. (Yes, I was in three Bible studies this winter. No, I'm probably not doing that again). The book is something Dave L. was reading and thought we'd

BSF Study Finishing Up Leviticus

Leviticus 26 is a good read. It's the blessings and punishments the Lord details to the Isrealites for obeying or disobeying the decrees and laws handed down at Mt. Sinai. First God lays out the blessings and they are wonderful. Abundant crops, peace, victory over enemies, God dwelling and walking among the people...the first 13 verses are brimming with promises of rewards for obeying God's decress and law. Then, dude, there's a lot of punishments. And yes, they are terrible. The consequences of disobeying God are numerous and destructive and, quite frankly, depressing. Four times, in verses 18, 21, 24 & 28, God says that He will punish their sins 7x over. That's heavy. But all this despair is not without hope. Starting in verse 40 God shows the way out of disobedience and wrath....confess their (the Isrealites) sins, humble their uncircumcised hearts and pay for their sins (by the sin offering set up earlier in the Law). THEN God says He will not reject them,

childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies

if childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies then adulthood is the kingdom where nobody stays. at least not for very long.  everyone and everything is transitory. not everyone dies but that is the way many leave us. some move away, far or near, with promise on both sides to write, to call, to stay in touch. with every modern convenience available we still lose contact, friendships sever and we discover who really cares about our life and who we really care for.  yet others do not die, do not move and yet become absent. people we once thought we couldn't live without are abruptly not around anymore. in reality they didn't suddenly disappear. it was a gradual process taking weeks, months, maybe years. until one day you can't remember what they look like. oh, you can look at a picture and see them but it's just a picture. it's not really them. you close your eyes and can't clearly envision them. who they are is fading and while there are some vivid bright points