Skip to main content

How can I be silent?

Well. It's official. I stink at blogging so far. But I'm doing good on my daily devotions; some days better than others but I'm nine days strong! I still marvel at how well my days go when I read my Bible, spend time with God and pray in the morning. It's a great way to start off and sets me joyfully onto the day's journey. So today, well actually it was yesterday that was Wed morning as opposed to the nearly 2am it is now Thursday morning... Anywhoo, I finished up my study guide questions on Chapters 11 & 12 of Mark Cahill's book "One Thing You Can't Do In Heaven for Wednesday Nite Bible Study. The one thing Mark's talking about is sharing your faith in Jesus with someone who doesn't believe. What struck me the most of was chapter 11--A Pocket Full of Tickets. I don't want to get to the end of my life, die and stand before Jesus with "a pocket full of tickets to Heaven." I want to have offered those tickets to everyone I know and love. What kind of friend doesn't share the greatest news of all time with those they love? And I don't want to just share with them. I want the boldness to reach out to those I don't know. Those that are hurting and broken and looking for the truth and love. The greatest news I have to share is how God has made my life so full and joyful (John 10:10). The greatest news I have to share is that Jesus loved me so much that He died on a cross and sacrificed himself so I could be reconciled to God (2 Corinthians 5:18-21). The greatest news I have to share is that Christ's blood covers my sins and wrong doings and makes me right with God (Romans 5:6-11). There is a 100% chance I will die. So will everyone I know. The question remains, do I love those I know, and those I don't know, enough to at least share Jesus with them? What anyone does after I share is up to them... but I want to show them I care about their eternal destination. Lord, give me boldness to speak, knowing You are with me and I have nothing to fear. Every time I share Jesus it's a winning, winning, winning senario, no matter the reception recieved. The only time I lose is when I keep silent. Barlow Girls song 'Keep Quiet' (How Can We Be Silent, 2007)
Oh the things I’ve sacrificed So that I could bring You to this world I want them to see You in me But Your name just keeps them far from me So I’ll keep quiet Let’s hope they see I’m different Jesus, Jesus how’s Your name offensive Why are we so scared to tell this world You’ve saved us When all of the hope of the world’s in Your name Why are we so scared to say Oh Jesus If I avoid to speak Your name Tell me would You do the same to me If relevance becomes my goal Tell me will I lose You to its hold But if I keep quiet they’ll never see I’m different Jesus, Jesus how’s Your name offensive Why are we so scared to tell this world You’ve saved us When all of the hope of this world’s in Your name Why are we so scared to say Oh Jesus I’m sorry I’ve cared about my name more than Yours I’m so sorry how could I hide You anymore But if I keep quiet They’ll never see I’m different Jesus, Jesus why’s Your name offends us Why are we so scared to tell this world You’ve saved us When all of the hope of the world’s in Your name Why are we so scared to say Oh, Jesus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Always with the new beginnings

Wow. A lot can change in a couple months. My first year in Bible Study Fellowship is now over. It's weird. I'm sad to be losing my discussion group. They're a wonderful collage of women from whom I have learned much. They've made me laugh, they've touched my soul and shown me perspectives I could never truly imagine on my own. In another week and half, my ladies Bible study group on Wednesday, which I lovingly nickname my McDanell study, will be finishing up our current book called The Cycles of Victorious Living by Earl and Hazel Lee. It's a good book and I would recommend it. A little birdie called the church bulletin, informed me the Wednesday night group would study Hebrews next. I hope that is true--I'm ready for digging into a book of the Bible study. Lastly, my small group has started a new book. (Yes, I was in three Bible studies this winter. No, I'm probably not doing that again). The book is something Dave L. was reading and thought we'd

BSF Study Finishing Up Leviticus

Leviticus 26 is a good read. It's the blessings and punishments the Lord details to the Isrealites for obeying or disobeying the decrees and laws handed down at Mt. Sinai. First God lays out the blessings and they are wonderful. Abundant crops, peace, victory over enemies, God dwelling and walking among the people...the first 13 verses are brimming with promises of rewards for obeying God's decress and law. Then, dude, there's a lot of punishments. And yes, they are terrible. The consequences of disobeying God are numerous and destructive and, quite frankly, depressing. Four times, in verses 18, 21, 24 & 28, God says that He will punish their sins 7x over. That's heavy. But all this despair is not without hope. Starting in verse 40 God shows the way out of disobedience and wrath....confess their (the Isrealites) sins, humble their uncircumcised hearts and pay for their sins (by the sin offering set up earlier in the Law). THEN God says He will not reject them,

childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies

if childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies then adulthood is the kingdom where nobody stays. at least not for very long.  everyone and everything is transitory. not everyone dies but that is the way many leave us. some move away, far or near, with promise on both sides to write, to call, to stay in touch. with every modern convenience available we still lose contact, friendships sever and we discover who really cares about our life and who we really care for.  yet others do not die, do not move and yet become absent. people we once thought we couldn't live without are abruptly not around anymore. in reality they didn't suddenly disappear. it was a gradual process taking weeks, months, maybe years. until one day you can't remember what they look like. oh, you can look at a picture and see them but it's just a picture. it's not really them. you close your eyes and can't clearly envision them. who they are is fading and while there are some vivid bright points