Skip to main content

My PSA

I've had such an amazing few days off.  I've seen friends that I haven't seen for months, and some I just saw last week.  I got things done: emotionally, mentally, chores wise.

I needed a swift kick in the butt this week.  Thankfully I had some friends and family to provide it.  I've even got a girlfriend who's been calling me daily to check up with me.  I'm really blessed to have so many people to turn to for help.

That said, I have to wonder how many people out there suffer with serotonin deficiency, depression, S.A.D.D or dysthymia and don't get help.  Whether they feel they don't need help or don't want help or maybe they think they have no one to go to.

That's never true.  There's ALWAYS help to found.  There's always someone who cares, someone who'll listen.  Yes, there is God.  I would recommend talking to Him.  But you know what; God's made sure there are people here to help too.

So I encourage anyone who might stumble across this post; if you have more than just the passing blues, if the winter months are especially difficult for you to get through mood wise and you lack motivation when the weather is so gloomy the first of year--consider talking to your doctor or a counselor or at the very least a friend or loved one.

When I finally got the right perspective going last week I saw it wasn't the end of the world.  After I asked for help, I realized I could make it, with God's help and the support of my family and friends.  So I'm ready to start the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Afraid of the ...

fear the monster around the corner of daydreams in the shadows of musings beneath the surface of calm, cool and collected there lies chaos, confusion and consternation turmoil that cannot be escaped imagination warped intellect perverted haunted happiness and villainous joy the monster waits behind every smile waiting to question waiting to doubt waiting to engulf and devour

Bigger Problems

I may not be okay but seriously there are far, far bigger problems in the world.   From the devastating earthquake in Haiti, to the tight Connecticut race for Kennedy's old Senate seat, to Health Care reform, to Paula Abdula not being a judge on American Idol this season...  Okay maybe the last one isn't that earth-shattering.  I might get lynched by a couple friends who watch it but I'll take my chances. Part of me is kicking myself for being so selfish and self centered lately.  Who cares if I'm depressed?  Or I don't feel like myself? There are families with loved ones serving in the military in dangerous places around the world.  There are kids and families on the streets, around the world and in the U.S. that don't know when they're next meal will be or how they will survive another cold winter night without shelter.  There are children who have no father or mother; they both died from AIDS, or cancer, or a drunk driver hit their car. How dare I s...

Always with the new beginnings

Wow. A lot can change in a couple months. My first year in Bible Study Fellowship is now over. It's weird. I'm sad to be losing my discussion group. They're a wonderful collage of women from whom I have learned much. They've made me laugh, they've touched my soul and shown me perspectives I could never truly imagine on my own. In another week and half, my ladies Bible study group on Wednesday, which I lovingly nickname my McDanell study, will be finishing up our current book called The Cycles of Victorious Living by Earl and Hazel Lee. It's a good book and I would recommend it. A little birdie called the church bulletin, informed me the Wednesday night group would study Hebrews next. I hope that is true--I'm ready for digging into a book of the Bible study. Lastly, my small group has started a new book. (Yes, I was in three Bible studies this winter. No, I'm probably not doing that again). The book is something Dave L. was reading and thought we'd...